This track focuses on personnel psychology, the discipline that examines individual processes within the organization. It is the study of how organizations hire and retain the right people for the right job.
- How do you recruit and select the right people for the right job?
- What are the best ways to retain, reward, and assess people?
- Do you influence your career choices or are they determined by others?
- What is required for a successful career these days and how can you help people achieve that?
Questions such as these are explored in the Human Resource & Career Management track.
Important topics in this field are:
- Psychological assessment and personnel selection
- Employee retention
- Performance appraisal
- Career development
- Career planning
- Job market skills
The Master’s track consists of four courses (three required courses and one elective), a Master's thesis and a Master's internship.
Student-activating teaching methods
All courses use student-activating teaching methods. In addition to lectures and self-study, the courses comprise assignments, tutorials, and practical training in which students actively work with the course content. Developing professional skills (e.g., conducting selection interviews, psychological assessment, career counseling) and applying theory to practical problems are central in this track.
In this way, you will be trained as a scientist‐practitioner who works in a critical, evidence‐based manner in the field of human resources and career counseling.
In addition to the internship and thesis, the tracks consist of the following required courses:
- HRM and psychological assessment
- Career management
- Methodology: Analyzing, presenting, and scientific writing
And one of the following elective courses
- Judgment and decision making in organizations
- Team development through action research
Study materials, teaching, and exams will be in English. Exams may be answered in English or Dutch. Working groups, tutorials, practical training, and assignments will be in English or Dutch depending on the student group.
Αυτή η σχολή προσφέρει προγράμματα σε:
Τελευταία ενημέρωση January 18, 2018