Why Choose Master of Science in Leadership and Organisational Psychology?
Businesses today must recruit, retain, develop, and reward employees and provide an environment in which they will perform their best. Strategic workforce planning improves business value and makes it possible for companies and organisations to reach their goals.
The Master of Science programme in Leadership and Organisational Psychology will provide you with the required education to implement and lead such processes in organisations, thereby contributing to organisational effectiveness.
What Will You Learn?
The purpose of the programme is to provide the best possible education and environment for the development of knowledgeable and socially responsible HR-professionals for a variety of companies. You will gain a thorough understanding of theory and research in the area of leadership and organisational behaviour. You will develop skills in applying this knowledge to real-life organisational challenges, and identify necessary changes for meeting organisational goals and ambitions.
Among the most popular topics you will find:
- Groups and Teams: How can you create winning teams? Learn how psychological processes can affect group performance
- Strategic Management: Examine the frameworks and concepts employed by managers when they make decisions which govern the scope, direction, and competitive positioning of organisations
- Persuasion and Power in Organisations: Why do some attempts to influence succeed while other attempts fail?
The MSc in Leadership and Organisational Psychology programme is a two-year, 120-ECTS-credit programme consisting of 90-course credits and 30 MSc thesis credits.
Customise Your Degree
Gain an advantage in the job market by tailoring your degree. As a Master of Science in Leadership and Organisational Psychology student, you can choose either an internship to obtain relevant work experience, or add an international dimension to your degree by going on exchange.
With a Master's Degree in Leadership and Organisational Psychology, you will be a relevant and attractive candidate for a great number of positions at the managerial level in a variety of organisations.
Here are a few examples of positions our former student have obtained:
- Recruitment Coordinator Scandinavia, Tesla Motors
- Nordic HR Manager, Texas Instruments
- Consultant/Analyst, PA Consulting Group
- Talent and Reward Manager, Telia Norge
- HR Specialist, Opera Software
- Communication Manager, Thales Norway
Other position titles include Organisational Consultant, Customer Relations Manager, Business Analyst, Manager for Change and Management Trainee in various companies.
1.0 DEGREE REQUIREMENTS
1.1 Undergraduate Degree
a) A successfully completed Bachelor’s degree (180 ECTS credits) in the field of business administration
b) A successfully completed Bachelor’s degree with a specialisation (minimum 80 ECTS credits) in one of the following, provided that the combination of courses gives a good foundation for further studies within organisational psychology:
- Organisation studies
- Various social sciences
1.2 The Bachelor’s degree must include the following courses or equivalent:
- Research Methodology (e.g. thesis)
- Organisational subjects (e.g. Leadership, Psychology)
1.3 The Bachelor's degree should include the following courses in the curriculum or equivalent:
- Statistics or Multivariate Data Analysis*
*Based on an overall assessment, an applicant may receive a conditional offer of admission if this course is lacking in the Bachelor’s degree. The applicant will be required to take a course in Statistics before the start of the academic year to fulfil this condition. BI Norwegian Business School offers a preparatory course in Statistics in July/August each year.
2.0 PROGRAMME SPECIFIC GRADE REQUIREMENTS
In addition to the admission requirements for all MSc degree programmes, applicants to the MSc in Leadership and Organisational Psychology programme require:
- a minimum grade of C in courses of particular relevance to the MSc programme.
Courses of particular relevance to the MSc in Leadership and Organisational Psychology programme are the courses listed as compulsory for admission to this degree.
3.0 OVERALL ASSESSMENT
In the event an applicant does not meet all the minimum requirements, an individual overall assessment will be conducted. Based on an overall assessment of the individual applicant’s admission file, the MSc Admission Committee and/or the Associate Dean may make an offer of admission to an MSc programme. They may approve other documented qualifications to satisfy admission requirements.
The admission requirements above are minimum requirements. We recommend that the applicant has a combination of business-related and organisational subjects (eg. Management, Strategy, etc.) from previous studies.
- Grades are posted using the ECTS scale.
- In addition to the general admission requirements for all Master of Science degree programmes, each individual MSc programme has specific curricular requirements you must also fulfil to gain admission.
- Admission requirements are subject to change.
BI Norwegian Business School prides itself on its rigorous academic curriculum and engaging educational experience with the career-minded application of theory.
To succeed in the MSc in Leadership and Organisational Psychology programme, applicants need a solid foundation in social scientific research, an interest in people and organisations, plus an affinity for problems solving and critical thinking.
Our master’s degree programmes are looking for candidates who demonstrate the following:
- Global mindset: willingness to experience new cultures, languages, and life outside their comfort zone as demonstrated through exchange semesters, study abroad, global volunteer experiences, etc.
- Leadership potential: active participation and contribution to extra-curricular activities and volunteer work at school and in the community
- Academic ability: learns, applies knowledge and improves academic standing over the course of a programme of academic study
Αυτή η σχολή προσφέρει προγράμματα σε:
Τελευταία ενημέρωση January 27, 2018